Part-Time Team Leader – supporting people with disability – Nambour
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
“Equity benefits individuals with a disability and the entire community.”
Equity Works is a Sunshine Coast based not for profit organisation, committed to promoting personal capacities to children and adults with a disability, through the delivery of a proactive and individualised service response. Brookes Street is a service that works with children and adults with disability in the provision of Short Term Accommodation, In Home, and Supports in the Community. The service is based at a 4 -bedroom house in Nambour, Queensland with an onsite office.
The Team Leader position will be initially be a fixed term six month part-time position of 30 hours per week, with a scope to extend the position and increase hours if so desired by the ideal applicant after the initial six months.
The Brookes Street service will have opportunities to transform significantly with the Sunshine Coast area transition to the National Disability Insurance Scheme in 2019.
We are looking for a candidate who can thrive in this change environment and is inspired to create new opportunities for people with disability.
The Team Leader will be supported by the leadership of an experienced Coordinator and Administration team but will need to have strong demonstrated skills in service development, leadership of a team, and relationship building with people with disabilities and their families.
We are seeking the following from a skilled and experienced applicant.
- Formal qualifications in relevant disciplines for Cert IV or above are considered necessary for this position.
- The Team Leader position is defined as Level 4 of the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award.
- Understanding and commitment to a Human Rights Framework;
- The ability to organise and coordinate tasks with limited direction;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the capacity to work closely with staff/people with disability/parents/carers in the development of innovative supports;
- Ability to undertake person centred service design that ensures that the goals and aspirations of the person with disability are understood, incorporated into plans and resulting service delivery is outcome based.
- Ability to co-lead a service undergoing significant change and support own resilience as well as that of their staff team;
- Demonstrated competence with use of office technology and software; ie, Excel, Word, ability to quickly acquire competence in online rostering and client management systems;
- An understanding or the ability to quickly acquire understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme service delivery environment.
An immediate start is available for the successful applicant.
To apply you must complete an application kit.
Applications for the position close 5pm Monday 17th January 2019.
Job Type: Part-time
How to ApplyFor more information and to apply online, please use the View & Apply link the bottom of this page.
79 total views, 1 today