jobactive – help for job seekers
As a job seeker, your jobactive provider can help you to:
- write a résumé
- look for work
- prepare for interviews
- get skills that local employers need
- find and keep a job.
What help can I get?
jobactive providers have the flexibility to tailor their services to your assessed needs to help you get and keep a job.
Your jobactive provider will meet with you to help you find work and develop a Job Plan that could include:
- activities to help you get skills that local employers are looking for
- help for you to overcome or manage non vocational issues where relevant
- looking for up to 20 jobs each month—your jobactive provider can tailor this number to your circumstances and local labour market conditions
- Work for the Dole or another approved activity (such as part-time work, part-time study in an eligible course, participation in accredited language, literacy and numeracy training or volunteer work) for six months each year.
To help you get and keep a job, your jobactive provider can access funding to pay for work-related items, professional services, relevant training and support after you start work.
Your provider can also connect you to a range of other government initiatives. These include relocation assistance , employer wage subsidies, training, apprenticeships and help to start a business through the New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS).
If you’re under 25 years and have been registered with your jobactive provider for more than six months, Youth Jobs PaTH can help you gain the skills and experience you need to secure a job.
Through Youth Jobs PaTH you can undertake practical face-to-face training, tailored to your needs, to improve your job preparation skills and better understand the expectations of employers. You can also undertake an internship placement of between four and 12 weeks with a business looking for new staff to show them what you can do.
If you’d like to know more about Youth Jobs PaTH, including the eligibility criteria, talk to your jobactive provider or visit the Youth Jobs PaTH page on the jobactive website.
Want more information?
- Call the Employment Services Information Line on 13 62 68 or talk to your provider if you are already registered with jobactive
- Search for a local jobactive provider on the jobactive website
- Read the jobactive—helping you find work fact sheet
125 total views, 1 today